If you receive a ballot for a voter that does not live at your residence, do not hold onto them. When voters move, changing their voter information with the Elections Division is the last thing on their mind.

Voters who move must update their information or cancel their registration if they move out of state. If you receive a ballot of someone who doesn't live at your address, give it back to the United States Postal Service with the words “not at this address.” They will return it to the Clerk's office as undeliverable.

When we get the ballot back, we can make the voter inactive and not mail them future ballots. You will also help ensure that fraudulent ballots are not turned in for the election.

For information from a trusted source concerning elections, contact the Fremont County Clerk & Recorder's Office Election Division.